Thursday, September 29, 2011

Light Bulb

Today as I looked over some Pinterest and various other little crafty blogs; I was having a frustrated moment in my head...

Why do all this things say DIY? What is DIY? I feel this is some blog language about crafts I'm supposed automatically know.... er....

D.I.Y


Ohhhhhhhhhh... Do it yourself. OH!

Yep. I can discuss administrative paradigms and deconstruct Great Expectations; but it took me this moment to realize why the acronym DIY always appeared with crafty things.

I submit I still deserve a Master's degree... though I'm not sure how to prove it at the moment. Alas.

1 comment:

Sumiko said...

Could also stand for:
Dying In Yarn
Desperate Indigent Yarn
Dahling Intelligent Yams
Daring In Yorkshire
Darjeeling India Yachts
Darby Instant Yelps (heehee)
...but I guess Do It Yourself works too. :)