Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Cough..tap tap...is this thing on? I'd like to make an announcement...

I'm going to Europe for a year. WHAT!?!??! Yes that's right. I've been working on this adventure for oh...about the past 3 weeks: working out the kinks, doing the background checks, praying praying praying, researching, emailing, calling, selling the Saturn, tanning (what?), you name it. I've kept it on the DL so far as the blogging world goes so's not to jinx it most importantly, but also so's not to to have to retract it in case it didn't pan out. Well my blogging friends, I can hold it within no LONGER! I am going to Europe for a year to co-teach two 16-year-old boys while their "well-to-do" Father conducts business in the following countries (sit back and take a deep breath): Turkey, Switzerland, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, and possibly England (pip! pip!). What's that? Oh, you'd like me to name them again? Okay - I will be spending a year co-teaching with my co-worker/friend Steve, a teenage kid and his friend, in EUROPE for a year. Of course, all expenses paid plus a salary.

I know what you are thinking. That this isn't real. It's not possible. Who gets opportunities like this? Well, I wish I had some answers for you. But I really don't. I am still flabbergasted myself! But as of Sunday - Steve and I decided it's something we're going to do. We're reaching for the stars!! Or at least the Mediterranean and then on to Paris, Geneva, Madrid...sigh. Anyone who knows me KNOWS that I have three dreams in life: 1. Teach 2. Travel 3. Become a crazy English Professor Cat Lady. Do dreams come true? YES! Is that ridiculously cheesy? OF COURSE! Would I say it again? You better believe it! Some dreams actually do happen - and when they do it's about the most humbling experience you'll ever have in your life. When I realized it was happening - that it was a possibility - and as of July 21st (one month!) I would be beginning the adventure of a lifetime - the only thing I could do was drop to my knees and thank the good Lord for remembering me. He even remembers our crazy cat Lady English Professor travleing teacher dreams...even those...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

So! Exciting!!! I can't even put into words how excited I am for you...will you send me a postcard from Turkey? Please? It will help with the pain. ;o)

xox

The Sevy's said...

Your what?!?!?!? That sounds like a ton of fun! I'm happy for you. Keep us posted on your excting adventures.

Breanne King said...

Oh my freaking goodness Andrea that is WONDERFUL! I'm so excited for you!

Breanne King said...

Oh my freaking goodness Andrea! Thats WONDERFUL!

Grimm Family blog said...

Awesome! TOtally cool! Killer man! I am so excited for you! I hope this means you will still be able to blog...? Right?And this Guy Steve? Seems like a pretty nice (good looking)he he) guy to spend a year in europe with! Lucky you! You must be paying extra tithing or something.
Cyrena Aka long lost buddie!

Melanie said...

Hi Andrea. I'm bored at work today so I went blog stalking; I found you through Heidikins. Guess what? You have my old job! I worked as the Assistant FD Supervisor at independent study for just under a year back in 2005-2006. Oh the memories!

You're a fabulous writer; thanks for keeping me entertained as I wait for the next weekend to arrive.

j said...

WOW! Congrats! I'm so jealous. You better keep blogging so I can live vicariously through you.

Gina said...

Wait. What? You're leaving? Just kidding. You'll have a blast I'm sure, don't forget about us boring people while you're gone.

KaWheelers said...

I guess it's about time that I comment on here... :) I'm definitely excited for you. That'll be so much fun!

Andrea Jolene said...

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I'm very much looking forward to this adventure! Don't worry - I will blog like CRAZY! Crazy I say!

Crama said...

I hope you have a pleasant time in Europe specially in Portugal. :)

PS - Found your blog through a random search and I liked it.