I know you're all anxiously waiting for days (googling spelling of Spanish numbers... hold please...) cinco and seis of the cruise, and they will be along shortly. But! Today! I've finally accepted it's 2011 and you know what that means!
Time to Resolute!
1. to firmly resolved or determined; set in purpose or opinion
1. the act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action, method, procedure, etc
2. the mental state or quality of being resolved or resolute; firmness of purpose
Much like drugs, drinking, and pre-marital sex, everyone's doing it! Resolving that is. So who am I to NOT jump on the old bandwagon and resolute as well? Nobody that's who! Bah! Bah! (that's a sheep noise... er... yes). First though, it behooves me (big girl word!) to examine what I failed to accomplish in 2010 to know what goals to set up for failure in 2011. Keeps me unmotivated you see... and steeped in tradition. I've always failed - so why succeed now? I'm cross-stitching that mantra on something.
Here's a brief recap of some of the more drastic failures of 2010:
1. I resoluted...resolved to go to Thailand, Vietnam, and Cambodia. And guess what? I totally did. So we'll count that as a success rather than a fail. Though the "Cambodian intestinal bacteria of DEATH" and I still have unresolved matters! Stupid bacteria.
2. I said I'd be writing my resolutions from Australia the "next year" which is this year. Currently I am in SLC trying to ignore the bite of freezing weather and NOT talk about my New Years which consisted of Wal Mart and a crippled cat named Ludo. Okay okay... it was fun because fun to me is NOT staying up all night. Which is what I did.... or didn't do, rather. I really don't see how staying up all night is appealing to anyone. "Hey guys! Lets stay up all night!!" Ick... why? How does that sound fun and awesome? Sleep is good. No sleep is bad. So that's a fail on the Australia bit, BUT, I went on a Cruise for Christmas which means I'm still awesome. So I get awesome points and therefore - that fail evens out to a shrug and an eye roll. Even Stevens.
3. Run a half marathon. Basically didn't do that. Sooo... yeah.
4. Learn to sew things. Didn't do that either. Well, I did sew a button back on a dress once this year. OH! And my brother Seth, when I told him I didn't sew things, exclaimed "Really? For some reason I thought you sewed!" Aw. I like it when people think I'm more skilled then I am. What a sucker. So sewing a button and someone THINKING I'm a sewer evens out to not a fail or success... but the shrug and eye roll again. I'm feeling more and more encouraged!
5. Another mentionable is/was/could be my goal to get married. Well, I did! Surprise! Oh... oh no I didn't. Nope. Big OLD HUGE F.A.I.L there! FAIL FAIL FAIL! LIFE FAIL! But my BROTHER did and I'm going to go ahead and give me some points for that too. Why not? Whhhhhy not!!! Him getting married seemed like a small success for me too. I mean, I raised three brothers and without my sisterly guidance, they'd probably be drugged out losers (no offense to you drugged out losers... ) and therefore married only to their addictions. Seth was, because of me, not married to addictions and therefore, married Emily... who is also NOT a drugged out loser. Woo! Success! This year I'm making no such marriage goal because I'm more or less indifferent and far too busy for such things. Maybe I'll make a dating goal "go on one." Ta dah!
Alright, enough looking back! Let's press forward! You've gotta put your behind in the past ;) (an e-high five for whomever knows that movie reference)
I've formulated the following resolutions as being no less than 99% sure to be a success. That's how firmly and determinedly resolved I am to accomplish these actions.
1. Graduate - Summer 2011. You will then refer to me as Master Cox.
2. Travel - anything that takes me outside the state of Utah... or inside the state really so's long as I haven't been there before - like the Harmons on Highland Drive or... Enterprise, Utah.
3. Eat less, exercise more. There's that sheep again! Back on your bandwagon sheep!
4. Make more money - legally
5. Turn 28
6. Alright... run a half marathon. Let's give it another go. Why not?
7. Go to movies sometimes
8. Wear skirts
9. Chew gum
10. Go on one date in 2011. Now if that one fails I really will be a pathetic loser. I sure hope I'm not setting myself up for failure. Gulp.
Okay!! And that should do it. You see how I like to keep things simple and strait forward. I feel like a success already. How about you? What were your biggest failures of 2010 and how are you going to resolve to do the same or a little worse this year? Tell me and I'll send you a t-shirt that says 'Watered Down Resolutions are the Key to 98% Success!" Naw, I won't... but maybe you could make one and wear it. There's a goal!