Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Dating Sabbatical Begins...and then I met Dr. Jack

I went to my singles ward today. Well of course I did. As of last week I decided I was on a "dating sabbatical" by the way. I shoud shoot that in there. Somehow making my "non-dating" voluntary seems less pathetic. What's funny - is once you decide to not worry about something - "options" pop up. Example below.

At any rate, I went to my singles ward today - and because of my "sabbatical" I've not been "scoping out the options" cause I really don't care. I'm emotionally spent, it's been a very long and hurtful year, and I just need time to recuperate, ya know? Gather the forces again, put the neosporem (I spelled that how I say it - don't judge) on my heart wounds, and let things heal up. I have absolutely no desire to get back in the game - I just need a rest. A nice break. I need to strengthen myself spiritually, emotionally, and even physically. I had some eye opening experiences lately - and realized that I was expecting too much from folks who can't give it to me. I needed to put that reliance in someone else - in something else - in a higher power. SO! That's the reason for the dating sabbatical decision. I need to rely on the Lord, and become a strong independent person with Him, before I will be any good for anyone else. I gotta be me - the real me - the optimistic, happy, and sure-footed person I used to be. Yes indeed. Dating sabbatical is a GREAT plan, and I won't be an "emotion-suck" for anyone else.


THEN I realized Dr. Jack is in my ward. Ya know - Dr. Jack from LOST (bom bom). Yeah. He's in my Ward. Smack lips. Sooooo, okay. I mean, if there is a Dr. Jack involved - the dating sabbatical may have a few stipulations. We'll call them Dr. Jack stipulations :) Also - for FHE tomorrow we're playing some Ward volleyball - which means volleyball playing fellas (maybe). Now, as a general rule I don't play ward volleyball because I am a volleyball snob and ward volleyball is...er...uh...I can't think of any other word for "a joke" or "rather crappy" or "Beehive." BUT - it's time to start working it in the Ward. I've been without my own little ward for a long time - and am so ready to create a little Ward family again. Visiting teaching, callings, saweet. I'm feeling that. However, I'm still going to go with the "must fully heal from past wounds dating sabbatical" for a little while - until I find myself again - or until Dr. Jack finds his way over to my side of the court. Mm, yes. Dr. Jack rules definitely apply here...as do volleyball fellas. I will keep my eye on this good Doctor. Having a little crush is harmless, and to be honest, feels refreshing. It makes church more fun too. And who knows, perhaps it will help me get out of my dating sabbatical earlier than planned. I'm not against that.

1 comment:

Marisa Jean said...

Good doctor indeed! Yummo! Based on the failing economy, I argue that all sabbaticals need to be canceled anyway due to budget cuts (even if those budget cuts are slightly invisible and arguably imaginary). Dr. Jack = Back in the Game!