Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Fine. I will BUY ANOTHER Ipod! Grrrrraw!

About 3 weeks ago... I couldn't find my new crimson Ipod Nano I purchased in September. The feeling of losing your new Nano is akin to locking your keys in your car while it's running or not being able to immediately locate your debit card. After two days of not seeing it - I started to really freak out.

Of course I retraced my steps in detail; trying to mentally make it appear where I envisioned it could possibly be. I recalled on Saturday, using my Ipod to mull around Smiths while grocering. I had it with me in the car, and very clearly recall seeing it resting happily at the bottom of my yellow purse after that. Since then, I have no idea what happened to it. I looked for it seriously the following Monday when I wanted it for my work out. I couldn't find it anywhere. I didn't want to accept it was gone - and hoped it would turn up sooner or later.


Well, after dumping out every purse, back-pack, and bag I own, cleaning out my clothes drawers, scouring my car with a flashlight, checking all places a rather facetious cat might've drug some tempting dangling headphones, in kitchen drawers, and the refrigerator, every nook in my office and every corner of my little apt, and... nothing. Nowhere. I can't find it. All that's left is a gloomey armband and computer chip for my Nike shoes to record my workings out. Sigh. Oh, and the hole in my heart where my beautiful crimson Ipod used to be. A moment of silence please...


Yes I prayed to find it. Buuuuuut, I felt like ya know, disease, hunger, and war were probably a higher priority than an Ipod and really, losing it was probably my fault. I considered perhaps that I had left it in my car on the seat and somehow someone got in there without damaging anything else and snagged it. Possible, yes. Probable? Meh. But the crimson Ipod as I knew it is now given up for lost and dead - and it's time to replace it before I got NUTS!


Amazon.com was my seller of choice as I could get a used one and not pay as much for it as I did for my bran spanking new Crimson one. And honestly, if I'm going to make a habit of losing my electronic gems I don't care to pay a lot for them. It's like sunglasses. I don't pay more than $15 for sunglasses because I ultimately lose or break them. Sunglasses I can handle - but Ipods? You better believe I'm chaining this one to my FACE! Or gluing it to my hip!

I got a green one this time. It just didn't seem right to get another Crimson one. It's like your old beagle dieing and trying to get another beagle - can't do it - you have to get a Westie instead because you've already "done the beagle" thing and honestly, show some respect! Siiiiiigh. And hopefully I will be a little more responsible with this one... or maybe save on shipping and just flush $130 down the toilet. Same same.

4 comments:

heidikins said...

Despite the fact that I am now the owner of a shiny new (crimson) iPod Nano...I promise I didn't steal it.

Cross my heart and kiss my elbow.

xox

Andrea Jolene said...

YOU!!! Alright, I know many things about you and one thing I know is you're not a sneaky thief precious. Alas. My Go-Green one shipped today. WOOT!

Marisa Jean said...

If you would have purchased a blue one, with the engraving "I Love BYU" on the back, it would have stayed with you forever. :)

Andrea Jolene said...

Marisa - just like a disease ;)