Monday, December 29, 2008

Because really, there's always more that you can lose...apparently

It seems like when you have given everything away - and have basically nothing - the world still finds something else to snag. Isn't that always the way? Yesterday morning I discovered that someone had broken into my Truck of Doom and stolen all my CD's. Every bit of my music. I loved my music! And now it's no more. I have an IPod - but what with all the selling of everything (read laptop) and moving around so much I haven't really had "convert all CDs back to Ipod" on my "to do" list lately. Silly me. What was I thinking? Oh, that life might hand be me a teaspoon of MERCY! Not a chance. ;)

The good side is they didn't take my actual CD player nor my new Christmas crockpot. Guess criminals aren't into slow cooking. They did take my MAT study guide. So that's annoying. And stressful. I'm going to fail that thing anyway but still - the study guide helped me LOOK serious about MPA school. Maybe it's a sign... ... ... Naaaaaw. I'm still going. Though, I think I will look at a few other schools "just in case." Higher Education is suffering some budget cuts - so everyone is a little on edge about their J-O-B's ya know? Wouldn't hurt to look around a bit for school.  Anyway - the CD robbers also didn't take my BYU IS umbrella or my two copies of the Book of Mormon in the dash compartment. Ha. Figures.

It's a really good thing I'm so happy for my move into my own place or I'd probably just go lie in the middle of Redwood Road. I know I won't feel the full "loss" of my music until I'm driving to Emery County or finally finish my book on CD and have a hankering for The Weepies or Joshua Radin or Garden State soundtrack or MoTab. Sigh. Oh what we don't appreciate until we've lost it. Unless it's weight. I don't think I'd ever appreciate having all these Holiday pounds attached to me all year round. I'd like to lose some of those! Eh?

6 comments:

j said...

Oh man! That is the worst! I've had that happen to me before and I think I cried for a week. We listen to a lot of the same music. If I still lived in UT I would totally let you come burn Joshua Radin and Garden State and the Weepies. Actually, I wouldn't mind mailing a few to you. Just email me your new address chica.

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Gee wilikers. I swear I don't see a target on your forehead...but, gee wilikers.... I sure hope your new place is every bit as wonderful as it should be.

Marisa Jean said...

Nice name for your truck.

When I was in college and in my worst financial situation of my life, my car was broken into 3 times in a row--each time my radio was taken, and my music, and anything else that may have been left in there--including my purse on a string I forgot to grab once. I finally decided not to replace the radio and drove around with wires sticking out of the dash. It was pretty.

Isn't it frustrating that it always seems to happen when you really don't want it?

Maybe it's one of your calendar girls that took the music but left the Book of Mormon's. He he.

Mrs. Walker said...

No way! I'm so sorry to hear that. When I lived near old Westminny my little car got broken into TWICE, so just FYI now that they have been there, be sure to keep everything locked & valuables out of site. The second time they came they broke my window, which is rather costly.

That really sucks! I'm so sorry!

Andrea Jolene said...

Wow Jenny. Thanks for the offer! I will take it actually!

Anonymous said...

As I read this, I thought: I hope someone didn't break into your truck in my parking lot!

Regardless, I have some of the same "coffeehouse/hippie/grey's anatomy" music that you have on your blog page. Let me know if you want me to burn any CDs from my Itunes library.